Last week we submitted our evidence NHS Pay Review Body (PRB) to demand a fully-funded 15% restorative pay rise for all NHS workers.
And we repeated our polling from May 2020 again to show that 3 out of 4 members of the public still support at least a 10% pay rise for nurses and 4 out of 5 people support an annual increase in line with inflation 💜
Our submission includes:
- Over 600,000 signatures and comments on 2 public petitions ✍️
- The survey data from 3,127 Registered Nurses 🗣️
- And their stories within 585 letters and emails directly to the PRB✉️
What did the submission say?
Make sure to check out our submission above as it contains loads of useful information to arm yourself with from our pay survey including:
- 39% of all nurses are having to miss meals to pay their bills
- 66% of all nurses feel that they are working in unsafely staffed workplaces
- 99% of all respondents to our NHS pay survey supported a restorative pay rise
- 61% of respondents to our survey, from across all unions, support a 15% restorative pay rise
- A ‘Top Band 5 Nurse’ has lost an estimated £6,714 from their wage since 2010
We’re now moving into our next steps of the #NHSPay15 campaign where we begin to build up and map our workplaces so that there is an activist in everyone of your teams 💪🏽
So if you’re willing to take the next step and build a future for nursing, sign up below: